Wednesday

Candid Shots...my favorite

Candids really are my favorite...maybe because I love the artsy look to them. They usually end up being the favorites of my clients too....not to mention they are the easiest to take, so don't always wait for everyone to look at the camera.
Toddlers, of course, are the hardest to get to cooperate. So, give them something to do. This little boy if fascinated with the rocks...great, snap a shot of him holding the rock.

Tell the kids to walk down the path, holding hands if they will. Then just call out their names and they will usually do this...and then you get a cute shot.

Don't always wait for everyone to look at the camera. It is sweet to capture the moments when the baby is being silly or one child is laughing at another. These will end up being your favorites.

Can't get the toddler to cooperate? Let them do what they want for a minute and tell the parents what to do to make the pic look natural and fun. The toddler could be screaming her head off...but who cares cause you can't see her face...and the pic looks great.

Some of my candids are planned and arranged to look natural and some are just pure luck. I was taking someone elses picture when I turned around and saw this scene so I started snapping a few shots.

Little girls can't resist flowers! Take advantage of that to get that little stinker to stand still for half a second!

No comments: